Portland's HolidayFest begins with a morning event: “Breakfast with Santa” hosted by Portland Area Chamber of Commerce and held at Portland VFW Post from 9-11 a.m.
The afternoon events in Downtown Portland begin at 2pm and feature
- 2-3:30pm be deilighted with live music from favorite Disney Movies with Beauty & the Beast backdrop decorated for the holidays hosted by Portand Civic Players at the Playhouse.
- Window shop all afternoon and discover creative designs in the theme of 'Ugly Sweater Party'.
- 4pm Snowball Drop at Kent & Bridge Sts. Collect 'snowballs' and redeem them at participating organizations for prizes and discounts.
- 4-5:30pm Sleigh Bell Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides - @ 205 Kent St
- Open Houses,
- 5:35-5:50pm Community Caroling with Mt. Hope Church
- Children’s Activities
- 5:55pm Surprise Lighting on the 100 Block of Kent St
- 6 p.m. Light Parade with Santa & Mrs. Claus, along Kent St.
- Followed by tree lighting and visits with Santa at Scout Park
- 7pm Christmas Gala Concert by Portland Community Orchestra inviting Ionia Community Band at the Portland Playhouse.